I love to build. I sometimes also blog.
- OpenAI, including Gym, OpenAI Five, our API, and training large-scale models such as Codex.
- I'm the former CTO of Stripe, helping build it from 4 to 250 employees.
- Rubysh, a Ruby subprocess library allowing sh-like syntax.
- Stripe CTF, Stripe CTF 2.0, and Stripe CTF3 (Q&A).
- Einhorn, the language-independent shared socket manager (see my Einhorn blog post for more info).
- Domaincli: register domains from the command line.
- Embedded Mongo: a Ruby library serving as a drop-in replacement for an actual MongoDB server.
- Ruby Static Checker: statically detect name errors in Ruby.
- Anygit: Find all parents of an arbitrary Git object.
- I have a few patches in Git (my personal favorite was for an exploitable buffer overrun I found).
- I somehow got roped into becoming a configatron maintainer.
- Some of my Python patches worked their way through the bug tracker.
- While at Harvard, I administered and built systems for the Harvard Computer Society.
- I worked on and maintained a number of popular projects at MIT, including XVM, Linerva, and scripts.mit.edu.
- I built infrastructure for Ksplice for about seven months.
The following are a collection of technical links that I've found interesting.
Log. Everything you ever wanted to know about structured logs, and
how to build distributed systems on top of them.
operation. I think this is the best (and only, really) framework
I've seen on how to think about running a complex system.
- The Debian
policy manual. It's most useful if you're already somewhat
familiar with Debian packaging but want to learn Debian
and character sets. Character sets can be confusing. This article
will magically make them not be so.
SSL: SSL performance tuning. I found this pretty useful when
initially setting up Stripe's SSL infrastructure.
- Logging best
practices: A short guide for how to think about logging. I wish
more software followed this article's advice.
internals - Git objects: My favorite guide to the Git object
- On mining: A good overview of the challenges Bitcoin mining currently faces.
Writings and talks